Filming a movie in Santa Cruz or Monterey County
Filming a movie in Santa Cruz or Monterey County? There is a reason why filmmakers choose Santa Cruz and Monterey County, California. Beauty, stunning coastal seaside villages, mountain roads, Redwood trees, ocean views, sunny surfing spots, over 30-miles of breathtaking coastline, and Santa Cruz's unique personality make up just some of what Santa Cruz and Monterey County have to offer.
Here are just a few movies that have been filmed in Santa Cruz County (source IMBD.com)
1971 “Harold and Maude”, location a bluff near West Cliff Drive among other places.
1983 “Sudden Impact”, location: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
1987 “The Lost Boys”, location: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and Pogonip
1988 “Killer Klowns From Outer Space”
1995 “Dangerous Minds”
2012 “Chasing Mavericks”
2019 “Us”, location Henry Cowell State Park
Monterey County Film Commission
+ Audio Visual Equipment
+ Mindwarp Entertainment
+ Adding Production to Your Event
How can we help?
- Rental equipment for your special event lighting and audio needs
- Drive-in inflatable screen and projector rental
- Virtual event setup
- Live streaming for events
- And more, contact us today with your requests
We broker Union Stagehands for Santa Cruz and Monterey County. Our professional turnkey event labor management services are for events of all sizes and event types. We are a full service labor broker that provides stagehand labor to a variety of corporate and entertainment clients. We provide stagehands, stage and production management, riggers, and AV techs. Contact us to request a quote or discuss our services.
Helpful starter tips for filming on-location in most counties in California:
- certificate of insurance for a minimum of $1 million naming the jurisdiction (and its officers, agents and employees) as additionally insured
- submit a written locations breakdown or description
- signature of an authorized representative
- payment in advance of the project
- please note that each jurisdiction handles its own film permit procedures directly, all require the following
More helpful information and links about filming professional or smaller documentaries and more in California:
STATE OF CALIFORNIA PERMITS
California is filled with stunning, picturesque state roads, state parks and beaches. Contact the California Film Commission for more information of permits for these locations.